Thursday, March 25, 2010

Home Inspection: Round II *ding*

The home inspection was last Thursday and I am happy to report that the home is still standing and is predicted to continue standing for quite some time now!  With that said, of course not everything was perfect.  But overall I just get a better feel for this place.  And this time I have Inspector Julie (aka Inspector Gadget's) full support!  Julie was very gracious to join me on the inspection as my personal engineering consultant... not many could be so lucky.  I just got to lounge in the sunny backyard while she and the inspector ran throughout the house discovering little problems here and there.  Or at least that's what I wanted to do!  I did follow and learn and such too.  And, most importantly, I took some photos.  So, for those of you who haven't been following this on facebook here is a peak at my house to be!

I LOVE the original cornice... and the newly added star bolts (even if they are for structural stability) give it charm as well!  Maybe add a pop of color on the window lintels and a new transom above the door and of course some window boxes and this house will be the cutest on the street.
 
 Welcome! Come right this way into our living room.
You can see their use of particle board gives the space an "urban loft appeal".... well, at least someone out there may think so.  I'm very excited to lay a new flooring over this perfect subfloor! (some sort of wood probably, maybe bamboo?)

By the way, the living room is HUGE for a Philly rowhouse space.  Here we have an 18' width.... typically a rowhouse is between 14'-16', and it is long too!  We're going to split this up into living and dining space and it will be quite fabulous I think.
following the living room we walk right through this perfect little kitchen and up two steps to what I believe will be our office/studio/whatever else inspires us space.  You can't see it, but double sliding glass doors lead into the backyard from here (eeeeeee!).  Maybe my favorite part of the house....

Did I mention the backyard?  Its adorable!  I will sunbathe here.  Bring me my iced tea please!

The bathroom is huge... maybe my second favorite part of the house?  Julie demonstrates its awesome-ness here posing for the photo (ok, I may have caught her off guard).

I don't really have great pics of the bedrooms, but just believe me, they're a good size. This is the smaller of the two.  Painted wood floors throughout the upstairs.  I'm not sure as of yet if I'll be able to restore them, or maybe just paint a cool pattern on them.  We shall see what lil O' will let me tackle!

So back to the discussion of the inspection.  The seller has agreed to give me some $$ to compensate the few "major concerns" and "safety hazards" found on the report.  I think we came to a good, quick compromise and I'm really excited to see things moving on this house purchase.  As of right now the closing date is set for May 4th and I don't anticipate it changing!

2 comments:

  1. love it! i want to move in TODAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love, love, love the high ceilings! i can't wait to see what you do with the place :)

    ReplyDelete